Malachi is one month old! Technically one month and 5 days.
We call him Mellowchi because he’s so relaxed and easygoing. Sometimes we call him Mr. Chunkerton because he’s in the 97th percentile in both height and weight at almost 12 pounds and 23″ (Up from 8lb8oz and 21″ at birth). He’s holding his own head, looking side to side and pushes up to an almost full upward-facing dog during tummy time. He loves to be close to mama while being worn in the ring sling and sleeps most of the night. So far, he’s only 100% polar opposite of Jude, except he’s just as cute. His jaundice issues are all cleared after an unpleasant first two weeks of life battling high bilirubin, peaking at a whopping level 25. Between nearly 48 hours of being under the lights at the hospital and spending another week in a Biliblanket in our home, his levels finally came down to a tolerable range and we are setting into our new routine as a family of four, loving each moment.
MONTH ONE STATS
Weight: 11 lb 10 oz
Height: 1′ 11″ (23″)
Clothing Size: snugly fitting into 0-3month, comfortably fitting into 3-6 month
Loves: afternoon naps, forehead kisses from big brother, snuggling on Dada’s chest, giving pensive looks
Dislikes: the hours 9pm-11pm; those are designated fuss times where he can only be soothed by nursing and being held.
Eating: Mama’s milk
Saying: baby coos, cries and grunts
Doing: holding his own head, turning it side to side, sleeping, enjoying life
Gear we’re loving:
- The Windi for gas pain relief
- Sakura Bloom Ring Sling – where he spends most of his time
- Aden + Anais Dream Blanket – the softest and cuddliest blanket known to man
- Candy Kirby Designs cotton gown – the simplest way to dress for daytime, making diaper changes as painless for all as possible. And super cute.
- Earth Mama Angel Baby · New Mama Bottom Spray – delivery was, in relative terms, a breeze, and mama is healing nicely. This spray is helpful and smells lovely. I used it postpartum with Jude also and it reminds me of being a brand new mama and that special time.
- Mamaroo – the amazing swing-rocker-sound machine where Malachi spends all other time when not in the sling